How to play Bingo?
A question asked by a lot of new players is How to play Bingo? It’s one of the most simple games to play and yet as with anything, if you have never played Bingo or Keno you just would not know how. whether you want to know how to play Bingo online or in a Bingo club the basics are pretty much the same. We have put together a step by step guide to exactly what happens or “how to play Bingo”.
- The 1st thing you need to do when learning how to play Bingo is buy a ticket or tickets for the games they wish to play.
- Once the tickets are sold or the game is due to start no more tickets will be sold and the game will begin.
- The Bingo caller will draw the numbers and call them out each time
- As the numbers are called out you must mark them on your ticket (If playing online the numbers will be marked automatically for you).
- Check what game your playing and what you need to do to win. You may need one line to win in which case that is when you have marked all numbers on the same line horizontally. If it is two lines you require to win it is the same as one line but you have to of marked all numbers on two of the lines to win. If you need a full house you must mark all numbers on your card or ticket to win.
- When you have won you must let the caller know either by shrieking YES or BINGO or HOUSE or anything you can think of to get the callers attention to let them know you have won. This must be done before the next number is called so it’s important to keep up. If your playing online this will all happen automatically so you can sit back, enjoy and wait to be applauded with lots of WTG by your Bingo friends. For me that’s one of the greatest advantages to playing online. If you do not know how to play Bingo there is no need to panic as it’s all done for you.
The difference between Online Bingo and Bingo clubs
The main difference between online bingo and playing in a club or with friends is that online the tickets or cards are marked for you and when you win everything happens automatically. You never have to worry about missing a call or not calling quick enough when you win. When you play in a club you do need to hear every call and mark off the number. You also have to call on the number you win on and before the next number is called.
How many different types of Bingo games are there?
When learning how to play bingo it is important to realise their are 4 different types of games.
30 ball Bingo also known as speed Bingo
If your playing 30 ball or speed Bingo even in a Bingo hall where you’re dabbing your own ticket there’s no nee dto panic. It’s not called speed Bingo because the numbers are called out at a rocket speed. It has the name because there are only 30 ball / numbers. With such a small amount of numbers the games are over in no time at all, hence “speed Bingo”.
How to play Bingo in 75 ball Bingo
75 ball is the most common game played in the United States. The card / ticket contains 25 individual numbers across 25 squares in 5 rows of 5. The games can vary but typically you will need to mark off a line in any direction to win, even diagonally or any given shape predetermined before the game begins.
How to play Bingo in 80 ball Bingo
80 ball Bingo is played with 16 numbers on each ticket on 4 rows of 4. For the convenience of marking the card the numbers are set out in rows. With the 1st row being for numbers 1 – 20, the 2nd row being for numbers 21 – 40, the 3rd row for numbers 41 – 60 and the 4th row for the final numbers 61 – 80. in 80 ball Bingo there are multiple ways to win. The prize may be for marking all 4 corners, marking a line or again any pattern stated before the game begins.
How to play Bingo in 90 ball Bingo
90 ball Bingo is by far the most popular version of Bingo around the world. This version has the most amount of balls being 90 yet the ticket / card only has 15 numbers with 5 numbers across 3 rows. Typically the game is played with 3 winners per game. Firstly the winner is the 1st player to get a line (all numbers marked across 1 row) the 2nd winner is the person who marks off 2 lines (marks every number across 2 rows). and finally the 3rd winner and the biggest winner of all 3 is the player that marks off every number on their card for a full house.
It is important to note that the game is not always played like this. It can vary from game to game when sometimes you will play for all 3 prizes, on occasion it could be just for the line or 2 lines or straight to the full house with no lines. But typically you would play for all 3.
How to play Bingo FAQ’s
- Is online Bingo the same as in a Bingo hall?
- How many players are needed to play Bingo?
- How to play Bingo with pictures?
Thank you for reading our how to play Bingo guide. If you feel we have not covered everything on how to play Bingo you may find this Wikihow page helpful.